Often the only thing or person stoppping us from getting anyway in life is ourselves. We can decide to be full of self doubt or we can go ahead and live the life we want. One way to deal with doubt is to reframe it as an UNAUTHORISED PERSON
A little while ago I asked the following question to several people. See if you can pick who had kept the unauthorised person OUT.
What do dream about changing in your life, and what is stopping you?
- I dream about robust physical health, becoming a fitness model, improving my financial situation, going back to school, investing in a long term relationship, a little bit of travel and visiting my grandmother every day.
What is holding me back or stopping me?
Doubt and bad thinking. It is also a bit of feeling that I do not deserve the good in life. I am relegated to where I am right now without there ever being any movement.
- I dream of having a job right now. The economy at large is a factor in the process.
- Actually, when imagination improves my life, the dream stops it.
- I have already started to change my life by setting large goals with mini-goals along the way. My goals are to improve my financial situation, achieve a work/life balance that allows me to enjoy my family, live a healthy lifestyle and be successful. At the beginning of the year, I took a lot of time to work out how I would achieve these and what my mini-goals are for each. As the year progresses, I find that I have checked off more than I would have if I’d “winged” it and that I have achieved plenty more that isn’t on the list. At the end of the year, I’m happy to say, I’ll be well on my way to reaching my goals. Many of my goals are mid- to long-term and I feel that I will be able to surpass them (and will have to stretch them a bit further as I get closer). “Aim for the moon and you will at least land among the stars.” (Don’t know who said it, but I believe it.)
- I dream about becoming a world-renowned speaker and thought leader in the area of Innovation and Social Psychology. And, there is NOTHING stopping me — I’m on my way
- Very timely question. I dream about changing my circumstances – being able to live comfortably and closer to my family. Being able to travel when I want to without having to worry about the finances required to do so. What’s stopping me is the courage to just take that leap out of the plane and trust that the parachute will open
- My dream is work in multinational company with good salary and find Suitable girl , I think serious concern of failure makes me lose my focus: that can stop me but in general I don’t give up easily .
- To improve my skill into the bestest that I can. Well, imagination can help to change our dreams into success but without any action nor hard work it won’t come into effect. What is stopping me? Nothing, No one and nobody can stop me to reach my goal, only GOD’s will can help me throughout to my success.
- Playing it all out and become unstoppable in what I want to be!
and, what stops me is my identity -the belief that I am what I was, not what I am possible
- I always have a concern that dreaming on its own achieves nothing. I think the key is to design what your ideal life looks like then get stuck in to looking for ways to turn that into reality. I started designing my ideal life 10 years ago when I escaped the corporate rat race. It has returned much better results than the years I just spent dreaming about how I would like things to be. I would encourage anyone who wants something to be different in their life to get really clear on what ideal looks like then start taking steps to make that happen. The rewards are high
So, I’m a bit curious - how are you stopping your-self and what are you going to do about it?
- Are You Living Your Dreams? (socyberty.com)